Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2020

Food Chatter

I realized today that my food chatter is out of control, and that trying to commit my food here the day before isn't working all that well for me. I'm going back to committing to eat Bright Line meals, and just make sure I have selections prepped and in the fridge ready to go; that has served me well in the past.  I just don't remember what I've written down, and then I sign on to see, and then I realize I haven't prepped as I should have, and end up eating something different after shuffling through the fridge and spending too much time throwing together a meal. Too crazy, and defeating the purpose of committing the food.

The fridge is finally fixed and I will be able to do some batch cooking this weekend. For dinner tonight I made a beautiful bowl of vegetable\turkey\bean soup. I used refried beans, which gave a 'minestrone' feel to the soup, and loaded it up with greens; zucchini, kale, and spinach. It was delicious, having turkey stock in the fridge is wonderful. There are left over meatballs for dinner tomorrow, and I'll pack lunch to take to the office with me - probably a black bean burger and corn - then I can cook on Sunday for the next three days as I used to do.

Since trying really hard has done me no service, I am really focusing on keeping it simple and staying calm. I splurged and had a cup of real tea this morning, and like a true addict I wanted another cup this afternoon, but I didn't want to start down that slippery slope so drank sparkling water instead. Tonight's chamomile tea is steeping as I type, and I am about ready to find a movie and enjoy a hot cup.

First I am taking a moment to luxuriate in the knowledge that tomorrow is Saturday, and even if I am going in to the office for a half day I get to do it on my terms. It will be good to take a short ride without too much traffic, and get out of the house for a bit. Which reminds me, we have some work to do here at the house in the morning, prepping to get rid of the stuff we pulled out of the garage last weekend. Rats, but there is my incentive to climb into bed.

Tonight I am grateful the kids put up the outside Christmas lights.

No comments: