Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Accountability & Support

Was I Bright last night? No. I am blaming the apple pie left not just out on the stove but uncovered and with the serving knife laid across the pie tin. Of course the pie did not just jump in my mouth, it was me that did the deed. But no blame, no anger, just moving on.

I missed my Master Mind Group this morning, jumping on to the call as they were finishing up. Why did I miss it? I was watching a Netflix movie and didn't hear my phone alert. This has been corrected, my daughter changing the alert to a ring tone that I will hear and have to turn off to stop. Why did I jump online hoping to catch the end of the call? Because I love these ladies, and have learned to lean into them for the support I need. They are wonderful, and I was so glad to catch them to say Merry Christmas. One of them called me afterwards to catch me up on what I missed, that is how supportive they are; just amazing. Because with food addiction, even a phone call can mean the world of difference to one's motivation and courage and ability to take that next right step.

I am double encouraged this week to stay Bright through New Years; I am weighing everyday as is my daughter, and I am looking into the Marco Polo app for daily support. I want to be able to check in every morning to let someone know I stayed bright through the night. I want to be able to let my daughter know that I am once again losing pounds. Accountability is something I have strongly rebelled against so these two things are huge for me, and this morning my head is back in the game.

A couple of notes on my food so far today through lunch. The horseradish sauce does have both mayo & sour cream in it, but when I say smear it was maybe a quarter of a teaspoon. So a condiment. And for lunch I started with a small twice baked potato, which only weighed about 3oz, then added left over veggie stoup to reach my 6oz. I really should have weighed to 7oz since I know there was butter and cheese in the potato to count as my fat, but my hand slipped and I accidentally spilled the last ounce of soup on the kitchen counter. Bummer, but too lazy to get the next container of soup out so lunch was a little light. I will make up that ounce of veggies at dinner tonight. Flexibility is one of the bonuses of Bright Line Eating

B:  Egg on toast with a smear of horseradish sauce, melon

L:  Leftover potato, veggies, roast beast, banana & orange

D:  Chopped green salad, gorgonzola cheese, flax meal & pecans, bowl of veggie stoup

Having missed the flax meal at breakfast, I'll be sure to add it in at dinner. Brain Food!

Time to go figure out Marco Polo.

PS Yesterday's Food: (Bright all day, yes I weighed the chips & dip)

B: Bright Line Mexican hot chocolate, Ezekiel toast with ham and cheese, melon

L:  Raw veggies, cheese assortment, salami, potato chips & onion dip; melon & pomegranate 

D: Roast Beast with horseradish sauce, carrots, twice baked potato

No comments: