Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Sugar Detox Redoux - Day 21/28

The day passed as they all must, from sun up to sun down, and I am still here at the end of it.  It was a fine beginning of rain pattering outside my window, and fresh air breezing through the house after being shut up the whole of the day before in 100 degree weather.  Early to work and early home has left me even more tired than usual, and there is not much to write.

What there is to put down is all about sugar and I guess I should figure out how much there actually was. Hang on, off to google. Well, not as bad as I figured considering all I could taste was the sweetness of the vegetarian baked beans. I would estimate a cup for my serving and that makes it 24g of sugar. But either my taste buds have shifted so I am more aware of the added sugar or it's just my bad memory - I don't remember them being so damn sweet. It felt more like dessert than dinner. (I did have corn on the cob, and zucchini sauteed with red onions too - all very dinnerish.)

But that was it for the added sugar. A week left in this second month of trying to go without added sugar. It is getting easier to push aside random thoughts of donuts and 2pt cones from the drive through, and I feel I am making progress however slow.

Yaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwn. Night.

No comments: