Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Laundry Day

All of the dog blankets must be washed today. Full of Peet's decaf and cream I am a laundress going about her work as if there were nothing else in the world to do. The day was interspersed with snacks and naps, and with both girls coughing and congested I can't help but think I am fighting something off...yet again. Of course it's a handy excuse for being so tired but I know I am just grasping at straws, trying to blame this lethargy on anything but the obvious truth that it is exhausting hauling this weight around. I think to myself that I will just stop eating, and then I go make another snack.

And for the second night in a row there was ice cream for dessert. Just a small mini bar, but sugar. I hope I am not rebounding. Perhaps I need to start another 28 days tomorrow.Ha ha. another 28 days.

The heat kept me in the house almost all day. I did pick up groceries and returned the red box movie - that alone is an accomplishment; read as no extra fees and actually being a teensy bit responsible.

Now I am just irritable, having done too little to be really tired and yet ready to call it a day.

OMG, let's just do a little whining because that makes everything so much better.

A trip outside with the girls to see the plants shining so clear and bright by the moon sets my mood back on the positive side of the scale. Damn this hot house when it is so perfectly lovely outside. A whole house fan has been on 'the list' for years, but apparently the universe has not seen fit to provide one yet. We can build a space station but can't figure out how to suck the evening heat out of a house and store it to power the next day's AC.

And I'm back to whining so it's time to call it a day. Greens tomorrow, I need greens. And flax meal.

No comments: