Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saturday chores....again

8:30am
I knew that driving through for a decaf was not in my best interest this morning as I have it in my mind to stop doing that, but the house would thank me later as the dirty dishes and clothes disappeared into their respective cleaning receptacles to show up in much better condition later in cupboards, drawers and closets.

11:16am
One cannot imagine the havoc that can be wreaked by a small artist left alone with scissors, tape & construction paper behind a closed door; one has to experience it first hand. Then you just have to pull up your big girl pants and dive in. That or quietly retreat closing the door gently behind you. Today I chose the former and am now taking a brief break before running the vacuum. I am mentally prepared to hear small clinking as I suck up the remaining debris and ready to sacrifice whatever treasure it may have been that will now be gone forever. And I am enjoying the sweat this chore produced, and all of the moving around. I know I will pay for it later in stiffness and limping, but hey, it's better than stagnating.

Later
A small shriek filled the house as A set eyes upon her room; seeing the floor must have been quite a shock, but she recovered quickly and it was business as usual. I love how she always lingers in her room once it is clean, again a fun place full of possibilities; a new country so to say.

The dogs all had their monthly flea treatments, all of their bedding has been washed, and each of them enjoyed more cookies than they might normally receive. Kaylee also had her nails trimmed this morning, much to her wiggling chagrin.

Laundry is almost done, A's last load is in and I am determined she will help put it all away. Right. But in the meantime there was some snuggling in front of a movie with the child, and a bit of solitaire until she had been still long enough and her bike was calling to her. Simple pleasures. How we all wish we had her energy.

Breakfast: decaff and left over pizza
Lunch:  cocoa pebbles in almond milk
Dinner: last of the homemade veggie stoup

No comments: