Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2015

"On the road again"

SoCal: I have enjoyed being able to make fresh coffee at home these past few days, but I must say I wouldn't want to have to mess about with grounds every morning before work. So I know the habit has to go, and I need to find something to make in the morning that will keep me from driving through. Maybe it's time to hit the tea shoppe and see what they have that would work as a replacement. Something robust and herbal.

Lots to do this morning; sheets to put in the laundry, gathering up all my stuff, packing.  It has been a good visit despite our differences, and having been  able to de-stress here helped. As always I am looking forward to being home, and thinning out my clutter. Mother is 'surrounded' by so much that she is likely to disappear one day. I wonder if I should try to do anything about it. A thought for another day.

NorCal: An uneventful drive home, which is why I time my trips for weekdays, and an afternoon spent catching up on my taped shows after a quick trip to the grocery store. I have everything I need to either juice or make a smoothie in the morning depending on when I get up. Having turned over and slept in the past two days I am not sure what to expect in the morning, but no matter when I do get up, I am determined to make breakfast here and not drive through. I definitely did not eat my quota of veggies today and need to do better tomorrow.

I also need to do laundry but that can wait. I just need to finish loading up my iPod and unpacking my bag. It's good to be home, to read with my girls, and be surrounded by my own stuff. It's especially good to have a small child in my lap. (I know she had a busy weekend and most likely didn't really miss me, but it's nice for her to say she did.)

Checking out with a good attitude, and ready to go back to work in the morning. Where I will ask for time off in July! And August.

Late Breakfast: Decaff,  muffin with pb and j
Lunch:  two bean burritos from Taco Bell
Dinner:  cheese and cucumber sandwich on a pretzel roll 

No comments: