Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Another Day One

Grief can be cleansing, clearing away cobwebs and unfulfilled intentions from a cluttered psyche. I am calm today, and with the exception of breakfast I made mostly good food choices. Okay, maybe not so much after writing it down - no greens! Sigh. But at least there were no voices in my head about whether to do this or that. I just ate what I wanted when I was hungry.

At lunch the universe reminded me that while my nails are enjoying a period of being longer and stronger than usual, they were not to be admired. Splurging on a manicure I didn't notice how much she had trimmed off. But even short they look nice and I can still drum a little should I happen to become impatient.

 A is having a really emotional evening; perhaps the cafeteria food,  maybe just tired from three days off, who knows. But I will keep my patience and love her and try to help. What else can we do?

In the calm after we have read a little she asks, "Guess What?" "What?" I say. "I love living with  you Grama."  That's my sweetie.

Breakfast: Decaf coffee, sausage biscuit
Lunch: baked squash and whole grains casserole
Dinner:  baked pumpkin slices, whole grain toast w/ avocado and toasted quinoa burger

No comments: