Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2015

OMG it's February, aka Superbowl Sunday

Mom and I have chatted a few times about what to eat today. I asked what snacks sounded good and she said chicken wings, which led to a confusing conversation about Domino's pizza and Wing Stop. That was Thursday. Friday we debated what size bread we would be able to find to make a small enough garlic bread, and yesterday driving past the corner where apparently chicken wings can be had she mentioned I could drive down if I felt like it. This morning she wonders if we should go get pot stickers at TJ's since I won't eat the chicken wings anyway. Sigh. I suggested we use the ripe avocado to make guacamole and eat it with her whole wheat crackers for an appetizer, then make the stir fry we had already shopped for on Friday for dinner.

Back from breakfast, veggies prepped for dinner, and the first snack consumed. It's so sunny and hot in the backyard I have to go lay out for a moment...

I ended up puttering out back doing small things I knew Mom would appreciate. I was also afraid of breaking the old straps on the chaise lounges! Then in for the game, a couple of fun commercials, and dinner during the half time show. An exciting and semi-controversial ending to the game and four tiny chocolate chip cookies later and a long day feels like it's finally over. As is my visit. In the morning I pack and leave for home. My back is pinching, and it pisses me off that the little I've done is enough to trigger the pain. Grrrr. But I am on the right track, and if I can keep losing 5lbs a month I'll be 25lbs lighter the next time I am down. I can and will do this.

Sidebar:
     Mom, "All we need now is a bowl of ice cream."
     Me, "If you like I can run down and get some."
     Mom, "I can't have any ice cream!"
     Me, "Hey, you're the one who said you wanted some."
Later:
     Mom, "It's too bad we don't have any ice cream to have with these cookies."
     I kept my mouth shut.

Late Breakfast: Decaff,  sausage biscuit
Pre game Snacks: wheat crackers with guacamole and 1/2 a ginger beer each, spring rolls w/ sweet and sour sauce
Early dinner:  stir-fry with marinated tofu over brown rice
Dessert: four of TJ's small chocolate chip cookies

No comments: