Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2015

Ruminations of a work problem

When one stresses about approaching a 'problem', once one has, shouldn't it stay fixed? A frustrating day at work yesterday; I'm not sure why I let myself be so bothered but it probably comes down to 'fair is fair' and how the world does not adhere to that adage and it is up to us as individuals to create our own small atmospheres of fairness as best we can. My attempts are not working. So. Shut up and do my job? Go to the Boss? Try again to reach someone who is never going to change and won't even consider that they might be causing a department wide problem? How does one approach a being who feels they are smarter, better, and anything they do is justified just because it's them doing it?

While I don't feel like I am failing exactly, I am also not leading the department as it should be led. God I hate kvetching about work. I wish I could just aim my energy down another track and let it flourish there and ignore what is going on right under my nose. Which is basically what I try to do; maybe I need to just do a better job of that particular tactic. Which means ignoring the problem and focusing my energy on the positive. Not a new message, but obviously one I need to revisit and embrace.

TGIF!

Breakfast: decaff and sausage muffin
Lunch:  Mixed salad w\ baby kale and assorted lettuces, romaine, chick peas, peppers, onion, cauliflower, mushrooms  and pepitas with a small amount of Greek yogurt dressing tossed in.
Dinner:  pepperoni pizza, one garlic cheese bread
Dessert: pumpkin pie

No comments: