Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Wolf and a Photographer

R made a lovely juice this morning, beets and grapefruit an unexpected delight.

I am spending the day puttering, doing household chores during the commercials of my taped shows. This is a good rhythm for me - up and down, not asking too much of my back all at once. And just now while watching 12 Monkeys I have to pause the tv and write down what one of the characters (Cole) is saying.  "Everyone has two wolves inside of them. Both are starving. One is anger, envy and pride. The other other one is truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart. But it's not the better wolf that wins, it's the one you feed."  He is from 2043, and currently back in time, July 2015, relating these words of wisdom that have survived a pandemic.  See here for the complete quote as found by Google. Two Wolves - A Cherokee Parable.

Anyway, I need to start feeding my good wolf, that's what I had to stop and say on this sunny afternoon that I am  spending inside. But I am content, and will be glad of my efforts come this evening when I look back on the day and what I accomplished.

Or not. I was sucked into the movie, Finding Vivian Maier. Fascinating story, great photos, a lingering regret that I did not follow in my grandfather's footsteps as a photographer. So many regrets, and how short a life ends up being. And a day, for it's gone and only a fraction of what I intended was completed.

Speaking of which, I was going to take my video camera with me to Mom's and work on feeling comfortable with it but forgot. Maybe that would be a good project for tomorrow.

Breakfast: fresh juice - cucumber, carrot, ginger, apple, beet, grapefruit, and....?
Lunch:  spicy bite from 7-11  OMG have I finally hit bottom?
Dinner:  left over mashed potatoes and green beans from last night, quarter of a chicken cheese quesadilla

No comments: