Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Checking in

A long day. Staff accountants from the CPA's office going over our records all day, writing procedures to kill time while I wait for requests to pop up, and then ending the day going to a meeting with M. I am tired, but I don't feel bad. Getting in less hugs than usual from A was strange, but we got in some good moments before she headed to bed.

I still can't muster the gumption to skip my fast food breakfast. It kills me to add up the money spent on crap, and to think about the missed opportunity to eat something full of nutrients to start my day. But it will come in time. I know this.

But despite the low quality of some of the food I am eating, I know my calories are down and each day I am hungry at some point and choosing not to eat until my next meal. I'm also getting more water in along with my usual cups of tea. So that's good. And my sugar consumption is still way down, another point for me. And my hand is still free from triggers, more good.

Feeling a little drained tonight, the meeting brought back memories of my husband. I stopped thinking 'if only' about that relationship a long time ago, but that doesn't mean I can't be sad about what we may have missed, what we could of had. But no hard feelings, he had his path to walk just like I do, like Joey did, like we all do. Born alone, take a walk, and die alone. How's that for life on earth in a nutshell.

Signing off, hopefully to dream something amazing.

Breakfast: Decaf coffee, sausage biscuit
Lunch: baked squash and whole grains casserole
Dinner:  Greek yogurt mixed with super food mix of seeds and dried fruits, then most of a bowl of top ramen (I know, it's crap.)

No comments: