Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

More Light than Dark

We have a new President! Glued to the TV all morning, and watching the pomp and circumstance of installing our new leaders, was so uplifting. It was perfect, from Lady Gaga's rendition of our national anthem to the youth poet laureate who encapsulated our times and challenges and dreams so beautifully. I cried, I rejoiced, and I felt a million pounds lift off of my shoulders. Weight I was aware of, but had become so accustomed to carrying around I had forgotten how it was weighing me down.  Maybe it was contributing to my apparent ongoing depression, maybe now I can shrug off that debilitating mantle of despair and start connecting to my life again.

Because the world feels different. Listening to a man speak truth to power instead of watching a coward try to manipulate with lies was joyful. Encouraging. Uplifting. My god, what we have put up with for four long years is crazy now to reflect back on. So I won't. Instead I look forward to watching our government put America back on the world stage; to contribute to and to learn from our comrades around the world. To scrub away the tarnish of ignorance and let democracy shine in the world again. Big Sigh. Enough.

C and I went on a great walk today; running from tigers, leaving our foot prints in sand hills, and practicing watching for moving cars. He really keeps me in 'the now', and for that I am grateful every day.  Despite his treatment having been just yesterday, he's having a pretty good day today, and for that I am grateful too.

It's been a Bright day all around so far, and I'm looking forward to a Bright night. The pattern seems to be one off and one on, which is far better than eating every night! And each day I do inner work; listening to webinars, vlogs, and Ted talks for inspiration I take notes and figure out how everything relates to me. 

Because I am not content to just give up. No matter how dark that little seed at the core of me, there is much light to counter that old, sad narrative of failure. I will overcome this, I will heal, I will continue to be unstoppable.

No comments: