Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2021

A quick check-in

It feels good to have a Bright day under my belt, so to say since I haven't worn a belt in more years than I can remember. It was a busy day, first with accounting, then with welcoming the family home and getting some play time in with C. I cooked ribs in the instant pot for dinner, which is a chore unto itself what with all the seasonings and the ripping off of the membrane. Then after dinner it was back to more accounting work. 

My breakfast was pears & blueberries mixed in with oatmeal &flaxmeal, and cream cheese  & pecans. 

Lunch was veggie bean soup and an apple. And dinner was ribs, salad, corn & peas.

There was no snacking today, no indulging other than the delicious meals I made, and I'm so tired heading into bedtime that I am hopeful of a Bright night. I'm trying a new Sweet & Spicy night time tea, and I like it, so I'm hoping it keeps me asleep for a while.

Just a quick recap since I forgot to journal this morning, and I want to be able to check this off of my night time list. I am off to watch a little tv in bed before I turn in for the day, and looking forward to another 'cozy in my warm bed' morning meditation tomorrow.

And my brain keeps going back to something I read today. I keep thinking, 'what if I don't give up.'


No comments: