Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2021

BLF: Another Bright Night and a Good Morning

It's been a while since I actually got up in the morning upon waking instead of climbing back into bed after visiting the loo. Maybe I am excited about having another Bright night, maybe my energy level is up, or my depression level is down. But for whatever reason I am up, my bed is made, and I am contemplating a shower.  It's just one day, and I will try not to over analyze it. Even as I type the chill of the room is compelling me to move; to either dress or get in the shower.

Last night was another parts conversation with my three protectors, but even after that I ended up in the kitchen for a moment of contemplation. The thought that drove me back to bed? That it was just too much of a bother to figure out what to eat, and then telling my body to head back to the bedroom. So not a magic trick, just being aware enough to be using all the tools at my disposal.

I'm looking forward to rice & beans at 8am, and a fruit salad of kiwi, banana,  orange and blueberries. Eating my food in an 8 hour window is working fine. I do get a little hungry in the mornings, but it's just a feeling and not stressful at all. In the evenings I am back at my little desk, sipping a night time herbal tea, and working here at my computer for hours instead of out in the living room and tempted by snacking. So I'm  distracted and isolated from the kitchen until bedtime. A little more belly grumbling as I ready myself to sleep for the night, but I just reassure myself this is a sign of progress. It evokes s a memory of when I first started Bright Line Eating a year ago this past October, when I would come in and lie down to watch tv before bed, and actually enjoy the feeling of hunger as I knew it meant I was losing weight.

Speaking of weight, I was up point 4 on the scale this morning, and I am really looking forward to this month of daily weighing to be over. I would rather just enjoy the feeling of being a little lighter this morning instead of trying to analyze what that means in light of the scale insisting that I am heavier. Fluctuating is normal for me, and I'm hoping that come February I will put the scale in the garage for awhile. Maybe a month, maybe forever, depending on how next month goes without this unwelcome stick hanging over my head. I want to follow the plan, trust in the Bright Lines, stick to the intermittent fasting, and see what happens.

And that's a good sign, the curiosity, a very good sign. Because for those who don't know, being curious comes from our authentic selves, and to me indicates mental health, which is a great sight better than the crazy land I so often inhabit when it comes to my weight.

So I end the week grateful for this morning's energy,  and even more grateful for the peace of mind I am enjoying. Not to say there isn't a little food chatter still going on, but the calm of watching myself follow a plan and giving it a chance to work. As they like to say in BLE, "You've Got This!"

And this morning I really believe that I do.

No comments: