Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Connection

The sun is out, but our brief sojourn into warmth is over and the air is once again crisp and biting as it should be in January. Well, maybe not for California, but nothing is normal anymore when it comes to the weather and this winter has been cold. I'm so happy that climate change is at the top of Biden's honey do list.

I was out of rice this morning, so I ended up using brown rice cereal with my refried beans, cheese, and salsa and it was a nice warm bowl of deliciousness for breakfast. Lunch is weighed out and waiting on the counter for me as I am especially hungry; probably the brown rice cereal is too processed to have staying power. Dinner will be ground turkey with lots of cabbage and onions - I'm thinking of skipping the dinner salad as it's so cold today.

I'll put a batch of rice in to cook once I'm done checking in here.

Then I'm off to the dentist this afternoon for a much overdue cleaning - like 15 years overdue? My Bad. I guess low level depression topped with grief was not conducive to much self care. And let's not forget the sugar & flour fog I've been walking around in my whole life, perhaps another factor. In any case, while I dislike going to the dentist I am looking forward to the feeling of a clean mouth and shiny teeth. Maybe I should just plan on soup for dinner....

So far so Bright, but days usually are. I have lots of notes to review from a webinar I listened to yesterday about what 'Inner Work' is. Again dovetailing with BLE and parts work in a way that is re-enforcing my commitment to keep doing the work towards healing. The topics were Awareness, Surrender, Forgiveness, and Connection.  Same message, using some different terminology, that to connect with our life we need to " be in the present."  That thing I have been avoiding for longer than I can remember.

And on cue, C comes to ask me to go out for a walk. My connection to the present.

No comments: