Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

201.4

I feel like I scored a field goal last night; I wasn't Bright thanks to a miniature box of yogurt covered raisins, but I did see a new low number on the scale this morning. So not a touch down, but not a fail.  The important part is that I am trying. I think my midnight snack was more a token to my rebel, saying, "Look, you're right, no one is going to tell us we can't eat, but really, we don't need to be a pig." Peace negotiations.

I think the intermittent fasting is going well, I'm actually enjoying the little grumble in my belly as I wait to break my fast at 8am instead of eating first thing in the morning. I've made my bed, had a shower, and I'm dressed and ready for the day. I'm also listening to a little craziness on CNN. I guess it was unrealistic that with Trump out of office the fanatical section of his supporters would just fade away.  But listening to what some of them believe is insane. Oh, and then there are the rioters who are now using him as their excuse.  And half the country not wanting a Covid vaccine? Really? I need to turn the channel.

Or better yet, turn off the boob tube. Done.

Today's Food:

b)  rice & beans, cheese & salsa, kiwi

l)  deviled eggs, raw veggies, apple

d)  roasted pork & veggies, maybe a green salad

Mood: tolerable, and even a little optimistic

I'm looking forward to another Bright Day; it makes me feel good to know I am eating plenty of food, but not too much, and that staying on plan will get me where I want to go. "It's practicing the daily habits that give us peace and satisfaction, not reaching the goal." Or something like that.

It's already warmer than yesterday by 20 degrees, but I think that just means the clouds are thick and it will soon rain. I am hoping we make it out for a walk; yesterday we played 'tag,  you're it' in the driveway and C ended up turning his ankle again. I am worried about it, it's happening too often, but it's so important for him to play when he has the energy. What to do, what to do. Well for sure, not running around the eucalyptus tree again!

Time to put the kettle on,  and set some tea to brewing. Maybe something green this morning since I will be driving in to work at the office this evening.


No comments: