Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2021

Inner Work: more reflections

Bright Line Eating food: Today's batch of veggies to cook was cabbage and onions. Mixed together with my turkey sloppy joe mix from last week I should get about four meals out of it. I have some frozen spicy black bean burgers, and some squash to cook for another couple of meals, so I'm good on food for a few days. Oh, and today I'll pack up some breakfast bowls of brown rice, cheese, and refried beans with salsa. Which makes Sunday morning  my shopping day this week.

It's been raining today, and the clouds are thick, and grey, and soft, blocking out any peek of a blue sky. C is sleeping, and I have a feeling we are going to miss our walk today. But that's okay, we did dancing this morning to musical numbers from The Magicians, and he loves to play 'tag,  you're it' in the house. 

I'm still having trouble sleeping, waking about 3:30 and then dozing off after 6 for an hour or so. It leaves me groggy and unmotivated during the day, and I'm thinking about getting a sleep aid to see if that will help or just make it worse as it has done in the past.

Watching the breeze outside my window flip the long green branches of the redwood trees around reminds me that I am cold, and need a sweater on over my thermal. California weather, ha!

Inner Work: Regulating how your body responds to the world; any process that helps bring focus and\or awareness to our experience.  So daydreaming out the window, thinking only about what I am seeing and how my body feels is a good thing. It brings my attention to the present, and connects me to the world. I've been doing 'Inner work' my whole life and didn't even know ;)  Every time I just let myself be in the beauty of a sunrise or sunset, every walk I take and choose to walk on grass or dirt instead of cement and feel how my muscles work better that way, each breeze across my face that makes me grateful - all of these are ways I connect without trying to the world around me. 

And my habit of 'sending love & light' when a friend has a challenge, or when C is having treatment or there is a prayer chain brought to my attention. All of these are ways to send healing energy out into the flow of molecules that we see as our universe. 

It's good to think of these things that come naturally to me, life long habits that probably contribute to my pacific nature, and realize that I am not as unlearned in the ways of 'Inner work' as I had imagined.

Go Me.

No comments: