Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2013

The Extra Mile

Women are just wired that way, to go the extra mile. You know, "we can bring home the bacon, cook it up in a pan...". But I imagine there comes a time in every woman's life when they have had enough and cry Uncle. Today might be that day. Dirty, exhausted & emotionally drained I am ignoring hints about dinner. At this particular moment I don't give  a rat's ass if I never eat again. I feel I have eaten enough in the last fifteen years to last me a lifetime. Or at least the rest of mine. It's a rare feeling for me to not feel like eating, so for the hour or so that it lasts I am going to revel in it and dream of not eating and being a size 12 again. Cuz that's where I look and feel great. Okay, the one adult summer I had to take in my size 9 jeans was pretty awesome too, but I will never go back to that drug induced thinness. I have an athletic frame and as my ex Mother In Law used to say, I am precious but not delicate. I loved her - no really, we worked together for years and I had the highest respect for her and love her to this day. She just said it like it was.

Anyway, I think I need a hot shower more than a trip to the local taqueria. More sweat has  escaped these pours in the last couple of weeks than in the last couple of years; since I stopped slaving over cafeteria sized food pans working at Open Heart Kitchen. Now that was satisfyingly hard labour.

But I digress. I am not going to be the one to go out, and really while he would appreciate it he doesn't expect it. It's just that I usually jump on the band wagon and offer to go when he starts making noises.  Because I am wired to please. And maybe he does that passive aggressive thing unconsciously to trigger that response in me - don't know and don't care. All I care about is not feeling that special dirty, sticky, dusty, grimy feeling all over my poor aching body.

Shower and jammies and maybe a movie. What's the saying? Put a fork in me, I'm done?

No comments: