Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Winter clothes that fit!

Two Summers ago we were planning on my daughter's MIL moving in with us, so we had a big purging of the garage, a big sale, and a reorganizing of everything that was left. During this time I also had to move out of my room so the MIL could move in, and I packed up all of my winter clothes to store until the ADU was ready for me - just a garage conversion but that was the plan. As a stop gap measure we moved A's bed in with her parents and I slept in her bed. But then the MIL ended up in hospital just a week after we moved her in, followed by residence at an extended care facility, it soon became apparent that she wouldn't be moving back in, ever. She needed too much supervision and wasn't to be left alone. At the time we were all off working during the day, and couldn't make it work. So no garage conversion, and we moved her things out and mine back in.  But not the tubs of winter clothes; they were forgotten in the transition.

Today R and I worked in the garage pulling out the big items we needed to get rid of so that we could make an office space for her husband M. With the Covid directives back at purple, his company is mandating working remotely and this was the best solution given our current use of the house. In all of the shuffling we made a stack of items to sell\donate. A stack for A to go through from when they re-did her bedroom last Summer, organizing it to share with her brother. And a stack of tubs for me to go through of old clothes. Three tubs to be exact, and one of them was full of winter tops and some jeans. I have a load in the laundry full of tops that were once too small but will fit me now, and a few pair of jeans to try on when I am not so achy from the day's work. The timing is perfect given how cold it has been. Oh, and some cozy winter PJs too.

It's actually happening, I am fitting into clothes that I saved for when I lost weight. And I am recycling some of the clothes because they are too big! It's so crazy that I ever had to buy size 20 jeans, and it feels so great to get rid of them. Another of the tubs I went through was full of Summer clothes that have been too small for a while, and it's fun to think of going through that tub as the weather warms next year and I get to see what will fit.

Just another bit of motivation to stay on track this holiday season and not make exceptions to our Bright Line Eating. Speaking of which, we were just discussing the Thanksgiving Day menu; what we would have for our three meals, and what we would make in addition to satisfy the family. I'm feeling really good about not doing this alone, and having R to support me. She is so much better at this than I am, and I am so thankful. We'll make yam pudding for breakfast, which is just as tasty as pumpkin pie. We'll have appetizers for lunch; veggie tray, pimento cheese, sliced fruit & deviled eggs, then turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, and a roasted autumn casserole for dinner. YUM.

I'll probably pick up some flour-free sprouted bread so we can have left over sandwiches one day; two pieces of bread at one meal moves it from weight loss to maintenance, but so worth it to satisfy the leftover turkey sandwich itch. I almost forgot, we are cooking our own cranberries with dates to have with dinner. Then days of leftover turkey bowls. We were gifted a 24lb turkey from M's work, so we will plan on freezing some for later use in soups etc. How silly to be so excited about left over turkey!!

Time to go handle the laundry, which is rather exciting for a change!

No comments: