Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Stress, Stress and more Stress

It's been a stressful couple of days. Over the weekend C took a header on his bike resulting in a buckle fracture in the large bone of his right wrist. So he is in a splint and requiring a little extra care. And the election. My gut is so stressed out right now it's ridiculous and I have to keep reminding myself to breathe. How anyone can vote for Trump after the things he has said and done makes me wonder about what being an American means. I guess the beauty of our country is that we can be so different, but really, I just can't identify with someone who condones his acts of hate; hating women, hating the earth, punishing the middle class. Money & Power the only objective no matter the cost. What on earth are people thinking?

Just Breathe.

I started the week with my food prepped so I have been on plan the past two days. Really, that is the commitment that works for me. I commit to being responsible for keeping Bright Line meals prepped and ready in the fridge. I commit to doing my parts work. I commit to trying my best to always do the next right thing. To feel my feelings in my body instead of my head. To be unstoppable when it comes to my self care and creating a better life for not just me but for my family.

I am just burnt out tonight - physically and emotionally, and I need to go put on some bunny slippers. Big fat soft ones.

I need to hit the grocery store for fruit and lettuce tomorrow morning while it's still quiet and uncrowded. In the meantime, my prayers tonight will be for our Country, that no matter what happens we meet it with grace and consideration for each other. I just want to cry.

No comments: