Search This Blog

Friday, November 6, 2020

Waiting on votes, and planning to stay busy

 Another long day of waiting, of trying to stay busy and distracted, of hoping. I worry about the transition of power in our country and the possible violence we may see from certain factions. But mostly I am looking forward to watching the new administration roll out the changes we know must come; it will be a year for the history books, so to say. And that is what I am focusing on, the changes to come in the New Year. I will try not to dwell on how we get there.

My food today was all delicious. 

B: A blend of oatmeal & farro, with the protein split between flax, hemp hearts, Chia seeds and almond butter warmed up with blueberries. 

L:. Stewed veggies, plant sausage\cream cheese & tapatio.  Banana.

D:  The roast pork turned out lovely today. I seasoned it with Mrs. Dash's lemon pepper, and roasted it on a bed of cabbage, carrots & onions. A green salad w/ green onion & cauliflower & thousand island dressing rounded out the meal.

Tomorrow my granddaughter is turning 12, and we have a tradition of me going early to McD's and the store to bring her back breakfast and balloons. So I have that to look forward to in the morning. I think I'll wait to have my coffee in the morning, and get my senior decaf at the drive through, then make my breakfast once I am home.

Tomorrow's Food:

B:  Farro, eggs over easy, banana

L:  Chopped salad w\ bleu cheese & pecans, apple

D:  Pork and Veggies, salad

I'm looking forward to our Master Mind group tomorrow, then finishing up some chores around the house. A little more painting on the gutters, thinning out more clutter from the house in preparation for the holidays, and just enjoying the relaxed rhythm of the weekend and resting between projects.

I just remembered I have a freshly laundered bed to slip into and all other thoughts have fled my mind, and on that happy note I say goodnight.


No comments: