Search This Blog

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Another Bright Night

1:15pm  I am hungry today. I think two nights of no snacking has left me calorie depleted. While my midnight snacks were not usually significant, eating this close to maintenance doesn't leave much wiggle room. But it's okay to feel hungry, and I know I will adjust to the lower calories in a few days.

I baked my eggs, rice & cheese dish earlier today, and have three breakfasts ready to warm up in the microwave heading into the weekend. I'm excited to eat them; I used R's pickled red peppers instead of green chilis so I expect they will be a little spicier than usual. Yum.

And C is asking for nuggets from McDonalds - so I am off.

---------------

7:51pm  Done with work for the day, well, as much as I can make myself do. Sometimes the temptation to knock off early is irresistible; perks of not really being accountable to anyone but myself at the moment. And if I feel guilty enough, I'll make up my time this weekend when I'm not as tired.

It's been a few hours since dinner, and I'm not as hungry as I was earlier. I've adjusted pretty well over the past year to the fasting time between dinner and bed. What at first seemed a crazy long stretch to not eat, now feels natural. And I love going to bed knowing I will be healing overnight. Assuming I don't snack in the middling hours. Which I won't tonight. I am filling my brain with thoughts of 'just going back to bed', as I did last night and the night before. It feels like progress, and like a great start to the holiday season.

Speaking of which, I ordered an elevated train online today for the Christmas Tree. This will be a first, but we wanted a train, and there's not much spare acreage in the house, so this is the compromise. Of course I wasn't thinking about the fact that there is a little boy in the house who will want to actively play with it. I am not very bright sometimes.

Tomorrow's Food:

B:  Cheesy rice & egg, banana\grapes 

L:  Tofu, roasted veggies, apple

D:  Steak, stir fry veggies, green salad

Tomorrow I'll cook a batch of lentil soup, but haven't really made plans beyond that. R and I need to chat this evening about our Thanksgiving day menu and shopping list, but it's pretty basic and we both plan to stay Bright over the holidays. M purchased some home made cookies from a co-worker whose daughter was selling them, and there is a beautiful little white box in the kitchen right now. They will take the box to bed with them - they understand how tempting they will be to me later.

Off to make tea and chat with the daughter.

No comments: