Search This Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2020

A Quiet Day

There was no cooking today, but I can make up for it during the week. I have tofu, beans, veggies - all the ingredients I need to prep some meals so I am not concerned. I do intend to make yam pudding in the morning; I'm craving the warmth and spice in this cold weather and it really is a beautiful breakfast. We really missed the Fall, the temperature not even reaching the 60's today, and my feet are chilly in their tennis shoes.  DOH! Swapped them out for thick cozy slippers - much better.

On the way home from the office this afternoon I picked up more salad greens, apples, berries,  and bananas, we go through them all so fast with two of us sticking to Bright Lines, and a carton of unsweetened Better Half creamer. I am switching to decaf black tea this week, I think, and I'm looking forward to a cup in the morning. I'll use less creamer, which is a good thing, and eventually get back to herbal teas only. I'm really enjoying the Rooibos right now for my afternoon tea, and I have a lemon chamomile steeping in the kitchen as I type and plan for bed. So much of my hydration revolves around tea!

Tomorrow I'll take inventory and make a food plan for the week. I do have a couple of meals left in the fridge and am not worried about staying bright while I figure out what else sounds good.

I've decided to drive down and visit family in December, and that feels good. It will be a four hour drive to visit and have lunch only to turn around and drive back home the same day. We'll stay outside, and there will be no hugging. My Mom is 88 and neither of us can take any chances, but I just need to see her so that is the plan. All told about a 12 hour round trip, but I will have an audio book to listen to, and it's not a bad drive.

C is sitting in time-out and it's breaking my heart. I think I will go get my tea from the kitchen so I can sneak him a wink of encouragement.

No comments: