Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

So Far So Bright

 Last night was draining, but I slept well with heavy covers and a chilly room. I did end up inviting some animal crackers to bed with me in the wee hours, but that is easily forgiven. I am alone today, the family up at Apple Hill for an Autumn excursion, and so far I have made it to the grocery store and back without stopping for a decaf coffee. It's day two going without and except for a headache yesterday it's going well. I also only picked up foods to prep for staying Bright, and so far so go on that horizon also. I may dream of cheesecake, but luckily those thoughts fade when I'm actually in the store. Thank Heavens.

There is Spanish rice (cauliflower) cooking in the instant pot, and I will make meatballs later this afternoon. I have spicy black bean burgers in the freezer as well as some black eyed peas to prepare later in the week. My yam pudding was delicious as always for breakfast, and I picked up some sharp cheddar to mix up my proteins while packing meals. It feels good to have a day off and get caught up. 

And yes, there is a Hallmark movie playing in the background. They make good company, and I can putter while listening - they are all so much the same I don't really need to see the screen, and can just drop in once in a while to enjoy the Christmas decorations.

I am calm today, the anger having dissipated overnight, and while I don't want to sound corny, I feel changed in some little way. More determined to care for myself I think. But we'll see how it plays out.

Time to fold laundry, then have a nice hot lunch, perhaps watch another movie, and then do some more cooking. I love a quiet day to putter.

Spanish Rice

(2) bags diced cauliflower from the produce section

(1) fresh poblano pepper, seeded and diced

(2) cups frozen corn kernels

(2) small onions diced, one red one yellow

(1) small can of mild enchilada sauce

(1) small can of sliced black olives

(1) large can diced tomatoes

(1) C vegetable broth

Throw everything in the instant pot for 30 minutes, 20 minutes slow release. I meant to add cumin but forgot. I'm sure it will still be wonderful, and I'm looking forward to a bowl with lunch. I think I will split my veggies 10 and 10 today, it smells so good.

No comments: