Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2020

And the battle rages on

I know that there will always be days that are just harder than others. That's just life. But to be doing so well and then have a couple of days where I feel like I am fighting harder than ever just sucks. Nothing earth shattering, just a Monday and I am more tired than usual after working in the garage so much this weekend. And sitting around instead of doing chores because it's hard to get going is not good for me. I watch tv, I want to eat. Plain and simple.

And they ordered pizza for dinner. My daughter was smart and made her own BLE pizza dinner, a beautiful plate of sautéed onions, peppers & tomatoes topped with pepperoni & cheese and baked in the oven. I've done that before and it's delicious. But I eat earlier than the rest of the family since I need to get to work at 5pm, and I like the 15 hour fasting window I get eating at 7, 11, & 4 each day. So I guess it's good I wasn't hungry when the pizza arrived, and leaving to shut myself up in my bedroom to work.

But after eating pizza, they left for Target. All of them. Leaving me alone in the house with pizza; I assure you I did not eat any of it. But I thought about it, and I am worried it will plague me and maybe trigger me at some future date. But I will not worry about that now. I just need to be Bright today.

Last night we had take out from the local taqueria; fajitas with carnitas. So delicious. I weighed everything, and only had to add a small handful of cherry tomatoes to get my veggie weight up to 14oz. The left over beans and rice were breakfast this morning, a nice treat, and I am not going to think about the fat in the beans. I will not be a slave to this, and it's a such a rare occurrence I have take out with the family. If it was weekly, then I wouldn't do it. I don't think.

I am thankful C's treatment went well this morning, thankful for the warm sun that showed up and let me air out the house, and so glad I can go make a hot cuppa tea anytime I want. It's the small blessings that mean so much.


No comments: