Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2020

Shoulders!

Running late getting ready for work this morning, I ended up in front of the bathroom mirror in my sleep tank. Usually I would be dressed at this point, and would have missed a most exciting revelation. I have shoulders! There are bones there that I haven't seen in years. Some actual definition! I did a quick appraisal, and sure enough, I think my arms are more slender from the wrists on up. I knew my silver rings were looser than usual and was glad the other day upon realizing I wasn't going to have to get them cut off before they strangled my fingers. I mean, it was most excellent indeed. But seeing my shoulders this morning was nothing short of amazing. So silly, but really it's the small details that can make or break a day.

TGIF!  Lots going on a work and I'm always busy, so like millions of others I wait for my weekends like Snoopy waiting for a cool breeze on a hot day. Peanuts! My Aunt Beth had comic books in the house growing up, and we all loved reading them. I have a collector's edition of the early strips, but it's not the same as thumbing through the soft pages of a well read paperback. Just thinking about it I am back at the Lake, listening to the whisper of pines in the tall trees, and in love with Summer.  A funny sort of  memory for a cold winter day, but really what better time to introduce a little sunshine and warmth.

Another great dinner tonight. More veggies sauteed in sesame oil; onions, carrots and kale this time. The last servings of  the quinoa\brown rice blend and the chuck steak rounded out my bowl nicely. A little Tamari splashed on top to finish and I was in heaven. I didn't weigh or measure anything except for the rice blend,  and I knew from yesterday how the bowl should look. It must have been really close, and I am confident it was a Bright Line meal.

The kids ordered in pizza, and I may sneak a chunk of pineapple if it's still on the counter when I emerge from the safe haven of my cozy bedroom later.

Speaking of pizza, we are considering making homemade pizza for my birthday in a few weeks. A thin crust in the style of pita or naan so it's soft in the middle while being thin and crispy on the outside. It's just a maybe, me thinking of all the things I could splurge on and all of the reasons why I shouldn't. But I can't talk myself into it being just another day. I was born into this world, and it was special, and maybe I want pizza or birthday cake. Maybe both. But I don't have to decide now, that's a decision for another day. For today I am eating on plan, and still happy about my shoulders!

(b)  Cooked grains, tart cherries, pecans
(l)  Black-eyed pea veggie soup, pear
(d) Steak, onions, carrots, kale

Once again I ate my dinner veggies all cooked. But they are just so delicious. And really, using a tablespoon of oil as my dinner fat I can cook a lot of veggies and still enjoy the nuttiness of the sesame. I guess I could use half to sautee the veggies and half to make a salad dressing, but this was easier, faster and delicious. Win Win Win.

I have plans to clean house instead of doing laundry as I usually do on Saturdays. The kids are visiting a family that has been very generous to the kid's Go Fund Me account to help with C. And that means I can vacuum and mop without being interrupted. I can do laundry anytime, and in fact C likes to help with that. He's still two and doesn't know better!

I have one breakfast in the fridge that I can pop in the microwave for a quick and easy breakfast tomorrow, and there are cheese, carrots, and triscuits for lunch. I know there are peas and meatballs in the freezer and salad fixings for dinner, so really I don't need to grocery shop tomorrow if I don't want to go. I think I would rather go Sunday morning early with the rest of the old geezers while the store is still quiet.

I'm worn out. What else is new!?! I think it's time to change into sweats, pull on my fluffy grey slippers, and see which Harry Potter movie is on in the living room.




No comments: