Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Road Trip Prep

I stopped on the way home to stock up on groceries for the meals I am going to make at Mom's over the long weekend. On the menu is chili verde & meatballs for dinners with leftovers for lunches, roasted squash, corn, broccoli, and onions for veggies with lunch and dinner. I have cauliflower, green onions, and carrots to supplement the bags of kale & cabbage salad to have with dinners. I'm taking the cooked grains for two breakfasts, and triscuits and Frittata for the 3rd. I have small sweet seedless grapes and strawberries, two 6oz bags each, for fruit plus a small bag of apples. The grapes and berries are to heat up with the grains in the morning to make a jammy deliciousness at breakfast, and the apples are to go with lunches.

I am taking a flannel flat sheet to use while there because no kidding, my Mom has the loudest sheets in the world. I like being cozy in bed, and flannel does it for me. I know it will be a mixed blessing to enjoy the peace and quiet  I will find at Mom's while missing the family up here. But it's good for all of us to have a break every once in a while.

I'm looking forward to my visit, and letting my Sister see the fruits of my labour; she is the one who introduced me to Bright Line Eating after all, and will appreciate what I have been doing and the weight loss. She will be there when I arrive tomorrow and is making lentil soup and salad for our dinner. I may have a little pang driving past Tommy's and not picking up their world famous tamales that we usually have the night I arrive, but knowing a bright line meal is waiting for me will make it a no brainer.

(b)  Cooked grains, mixed berries - I totally forgot the protein
(l)   Sausage, rice & veggie casserole, avocado
(d)  Baked beans, corn

Instead of making a salad I prepped fruit for my trip and threw in a load of laundry. My wardrobe right now is very limited as I change sizes.  I need to get back to the garage and search for the next set of clothes that will fit. I think I have 18s out there that will fit soon.,

Okay , I'm tired and having a hard time focusing. I just need to jot down a list of what I am taking with me tomorrow, wait for the dryer to finish up, and straighten up my room so the kids can play in here while I am gone.

In the morning I may or may not weigh myself. The scale at Mom's could be deceiving either way so while I may weigh myself Saturday morning as usual, I doubt I will record it. See, meandering. Time to give it up.


No comments: