Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

A Long Weekend

The drive South was uneventful, but even more important it was very beautiful. Pink orchards nestling into bright green foothills and smoky olive coastal mountains kept my eyes busy glancing hither and yon to soak in the sights. I don't usually travel down highway 5 this time of year, and was nicely surprised. There were also several large herds of sheep with lots of lambs, another nice diversion on a long ride. Well, not that long, four and a half hours. But I still appreciated how lovely it was compared to other trips I've made down that road. And I've been doing that for over 45 years now. Crazy. But that's what happens when you leave home, eventually you end up going back to visit. At least that's my story.

We had great meals (meatballs & chile verde), and I used the 'one plate' method instead of weighing my food. We had roasted veg and salads each night too. I did weigh myself Saturday Morning, and it showed 213.5 - .1 pound more than my last weight up here. But I weighted yesterday before I left and it was 212.5. So I'm calling it a win for food over the weekend. I still have no idea how her scale compares to mine here at home so it will be interesting to see my weight next Saturday.

I would love to be able to report that I was perfect on the drives, but I did have criss cut fries as my cooked vegetable for lunch on the way down, and snacked on mixed nuts on the drive back. I would also love to be able to report that I didn't break any Bright Lines, but I had cookies two nights and a graham cracker with peanut butter another. And by night I mean 'middle of' the night. No biggie, the cookies were very small and I only had a few. A small price to pay for midnight angst.

(b)  cheese & crackers, banana
(l)   left over chile verde, corn
(d)  pork chop, kale salad

Back on track, I drove home tired after working 2 hours overtime and had a Bright Line meal. Well, almost, C had eaten all the broccoli and I was tired.

So feeling good about my trip, and R has left overs in the fridge I can share for meals tomorrow until I have time to cook.






No comments: