Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Ginger Water & Honey

This evening my sore throat is worse, and I made ginger water with honey and cream (half n half, coconut & oat milks). We usually have a thermos of raw ginger slices steeping in hot water when I have a cold. And I'm assuming that is what this is. I'm taking my  Orenda Immune at night as usual so I already had a head start on beating this, and I'm drinking Shaklee's Immunity during the day, hoping to fight it off, but we will see.

I stopped at the store for decaf coffee on the way home today; I just miss it too much in the mornings, and it's such a small pleasure. Of course then the universe answered by presenting me with a free audible original by Michael Pollan on Caffeine. So I downloaded the audio booklet it and will listen while commuting tomorrow.  Then this one might be the last bag of coffee grounds I buy depending on what he says, because I do admire his work and would consider his opinion as valid.

(b)  Triscuits, cheddar, banana
(l)   Black-eyed pea & Knockwurst soup, orange
(d)  Meatball, baked beans, raw carrots

Dinner was a little heavy on protein and a little light on veggies, but it was easy and I was tired and not feeling well after my trip to the grocery store. I had picked up another bag of white rice, and C wanted some right away so I cooked up a batch in the microwave. Rice, a small carrot stick, milk and Oreos - what a meal but at least he is eating.

I've started planning meals for my trip, focusing on the positive and that I will be able to go. I'll shop the evening before and have everything ready to throw in a cooler the next morning; I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I have a week to plan and get healthy. Maybe I'm not so sure it's going to happen after all. One day at a time just like everything else in life; I'll know when I know, I just don't want to disappoint her.

Finding that I am writing in circles, I think it best to refill my cup of ginger, and lay down for a minute while it cools.


No comments: