Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2020

It's just a taco

I realized this evening that while I may think I just miss eating whatever I want, that may not be true anymore. Because tonight I wanted a taco from Taco Bell, and so I had one. It was after my dinner when the kids returned home with boxes of fast food. I should have waited until the kitchen cleared out, but instead I opted to eat a taco instead of waiting and making a salad. And for a moment it felt good; the crunch, the spice, the sour cream.  But the last bite was not as good as the first, and all at once I had a mild stomach ache. Nothing alarming, just an unwelcome heaviness and the feeling of something not quite right.

It was just an impulse that I acted upon; while I wasn't really hungry it just all of a sudden seemed like something I wanted to do, and so I did. And I'm not happy about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not devastated or upset or anything, just a little disappointed. And mostly because of the way my stomach feels, not so much the actual breaking of a bright line or two. At least this will serve as a reminder that there are consequences to putting crap in my mouth.

(b)  Cheese and triscuits, orange segments
(l)   Beef & Barley soup (full of green beans & carrots), Sun Chips & an apple
(d)  Beef stew, peas, flourless toast with cheese, taco

The stew was light on protein being the last of the leftovers, and so I had pulled out the cheese to add protein. The toast was a natural companion. Of course if I knew I was going to have a taco I would have skipped the bread, but C'est la vie. It's just a taco.

My goal this coming weekend is to prep a container of salad fixings so that it's easier to make weeknight salads. That is definitely a challenge for me. As long as I'm eating salads most of the time it's okay; just another compromise that keeps my weight loss a little slower than it could be. But one has to take into consideration the value of one's sanity, no? Sometimes the salad has to go.

Okay, stuff to do; C has pretty much wrecked my room, and I haven't done a sudoku puzzle in a while. And I think I hear a cup of tea calling me. Yes, definitely time for tea.


No comments: