Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Challenges

I am taking two whole days off of work to drive down to see me Mum in a couple of weeks. It's a four and a half hour drive, and my Sister will be there when I arrive with soup & salad for lunch. She is the one who introduced me to Bright Line Eating so I know whatever she makes or brings will be absolutely perfect.

The challenge will be not snacking on the way. I won't pack anything, but will need to stop at least twice to stretch out my hips. Otherwise it will be really hard to stand up and start walking once I get there. I've made the drive so many times over the past forty years, and while I don't always eat, I have been known to binge on that drive. Back in the days when nothing satisfied and I would gorge myself.

Mom and I will shop for the rest of the meals, and it really won't be that different than how we usually eat together with one huge exception. No tamale from Tommy's! I usually stop and bring in a late lunch/early dinner for us, and while it's an indulgence, it's once a year, so no biggie. But if you add up all of the 'once a year' splurges it can add up quickly to over a month of unhealthy choices. So I will try to be very particular about choosing if and when I eat off plan. Like for birthday cake; birthday cake trumps tamales. Doesn't it? But even that is a choice for another day. All I need to do is take care of this day. This moment. This hunger pain.

(b)  raisin toast, neufchatel cheese, banana
(l)  black-eyed pea soup, apple
(d) left over stew, green salad with avocado, cukes, artichoke hearts & green onions

That is enough food for the day, and everything was delicious. So three times today I was blessed; able to feel hungry, eat good food, and be satisfied. It's more than many get in a day, and I am reminding myself of all the usual stuff tonight. Be grateful. Embrace the growling because it means you are fasting and the immune system can focus on more important things than digesting more food.

C is knocking at my door, but I am out of oomph and ready to call it a day. It's a good thing they are still up so I can't sneak out for a snack, because for some reason I am struggling tonight. I just need to stay in bed, listen to my book, and fall asleep. Easy Peasy. Challenge accepted.


No comments: