Search This Blog

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater

Sins of the day, maybe 2am this morning? Two oreo cookies. Sometimes I just can't say no. They sit on the fridge all the time. Literally all the time. If they run out another bag appears. But as previously stated, sometimes that is all C will eat.  In contrast, our food delivery today included some golden berries, apparently very tart, and C can't get enough; he loves them! But cookies continue to be a challenge for me in times of weakness. Maybe they are the space I need to stay on program most of the time. Who knows, but if I don't lose weight Saturday you can bet I will be blaming those cookies, as irrational as that would be caloric-wise. Oh well, moving on.

I think I need to make another batch of pumpkin custard. I think it satisfied something in me, and kept me from midnight excursions to the kitchen. That's the plan, baking custard this weekend.

My dinner was delicious tonight. I sauteed some onion and broccolini in some sesame oil with fresh grated ginger; then tossed in some left over steak and a half cup of a quinoa\brown rice mix. A splattering of Tamari over the top and I was in heaven. I don't know why I don't think to do that more often; pretty quick and so very flavorful. I had all my veggies cooked tonight, they were so good.

(b)  Triscuits, cream cheese, banana
(l)   Chili, pear
(d)  Steak, sir fry veggies

I was thinking today about my reflection in the smoked windows at work, a whole walkway of reflections if you care to look. And I have made a studious habit of avoiding those images. I think I've noted before how depressing it is to see a body I don't recognize looking back at me. But today I didn't shy away when I came upon myself unexpectedly in the breezeway. Instead I noted that my sweater was loose and hanging longer over hips that aren't as round and a more defined buttock. Will wonders never cease.

Break for Picard!  And Lego Masters!

Loving Picard, will wait on my opinion of Lego Masters - I think it will improve. I will say that switching to streaming for movies etc is an improvement. We still watch too much tv, but at least we are more selective. I think.

It's cold again tonight, a crisp flow of air from my window sweeping across my legs to cool me down from my stint in the kitchen doing dishes. Meals are planned for the morrow, C is finishing up an episode of Bubble Guppies, and the house is settling down for the night. Another day gone, and the world moves on.



No comments: