Search This Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Just for Today

There are different ways to interpret that, and for me, being Superbowl, it meant that Just for Today I will snack a little, and bend a bright line or two. While this goes against most things I have listened to in Module 5 of the Bright Line Eating boot camp about special occasions and holidays, it also speaks to the idea of 'what works for me'.  I've brought this up so frequently lately, I can't help but wonder if I am in a self justification loop. But really, until I stop losing weight I can't take that seriously. Better to keep going on as I am, feeling confident that it's right for me.

The day started buying groceries; the kids needs a few things for nachos and I needed a protein to cook and have on hand for meals in the coming week. I did find some chuck steaks on sale, and cooked them up with garlic powder and Braggs seasonings. Sliced thin and stored in a bowl in the fridge it's ready to add to a stir fry or roasted veg during the week.

(b)  Raisin toast, cheese, grapes
(l)  Steak, fritos, grapes
(d)  Roasted sweet potatoe & onion, turkey meatball

Snacks:  One tortilla chip with beans, cheese, jalapeno & sr cream, sip of amaretto,  a couple (literally 2) fritos dipped in nacho sauce. Nothing horrific, and while the day was short on vegetables and fritos aren't really a food, I never felt stuffed or like I had overeaten.

Meals are ready for next week, and I feel like I am already back on track after a tiny splurge.

It would have been nice if the Niners had won the game, but there were a few great commercials and it was fun watching the game with the family and playing with C. Now it's time for bubble guppies and sudoku; one for C and one for me.

No comments: