Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2021

Coughing and more coughing. Ugh.

It will probably hit 100 degrees out today, and we are spending a calm day inside after taking care of the morning chores outside. That just means the garden has been watered, as well as any flowers and the ceramic water basins for birds and squirrels; the dog messes have been cleaned up, and peanuts put out - again, for our wildlife family. R did blow off the patio, and Cal chalked over our names while we were out there, so there was a little fun.

Today's Food:

  • b)  rice, salsa, refried beans, banana
  • l)   left over BLE compliant pizza, half a huge apple
  • d)  tri-tip, corn, mushrooms, salad
I finally caved and have a phone appt. with Kaiser in about an hour.  I'm taking too much medication for not much relief from the coughing; a Zyrtec at night and Flonase in the morning. Maybe my asthma has also kicked in. I just wish I had more faith in the medical community. For my own part, the pizza I ordered last night was a cauliflower crust - so there was some cheese and egg in it - but no additional cheese or meat on top, just veggies. I am more determined than ever to stay dairy and meat free this coming week, and I am even contemplating fasting to get rid of this cough.

In the meantime, they will likely write a script for an inhaler, and so desperate I am for relief from the coughing I will use it.

Another challenge is that disgusting though it may be, I don't cough while eating. I'll pick up some gum to chew when I get the prescription filled, because lord knows the last thing I want to do is eat all day - as I once did during these frustrating episodes. Just snacking all day long to keep the coughing at bay. Gross.

Time for more tea or water. And a better attitude!


 

No comments: