Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

BLE: Coughing but Bright

I am feeling the stress of being over-medicated, which reminds me I haven't taken my evening dose of Delsym, explaining the increased coughing over the past hour or so. It's just all too much; the allergy meds, the inhalers, the cough syrup, the constant flow of sugar-free cough drops that leave my mouth wrinkled and unhappy. Tea all day long to soothe my throat and stay hydrated so my cough doesn't turn into a bark. 

Today's Food:

  • b)  Triscuits, PB, banana
  • l)   green salad, garbanzo beans, sunflower seeds, oil & vinegar dressing
  • d)  kabobs; steak, shrooms, pineapple, tomato, green pepper & onion, potato salad
Dinner was good, the grilled veggies a nice treat. I prepped everything and M BBQ'd while I ran to the store to get Spaghetti O's for Cal. His latest favorite. I was sitting in the car going through the usual post-shopping ritual of de-masking and sanitizing my hands when I start coughing, and realized I hadn't coughed much at all in the store. Experimenting, I put the mask back on and sure enough barely coughed on the way home. It reminds me of how I used to pull the front of my shirt up over my nose and mouth while sitting and working. I don't know if it's the warmer, more humid air, or if the material is blocking allergens. Whatever, I will be wearing a mask more often while I wait for this cough to settle down.  The Dr. I spoke with mentioned in passing that it's a 'reactive airway disease'. If  you want to go down a rabbit hole, use Google. Long story short, this may calm down in a week, and it may become bronchitis and last up to eight. I can't think about it.

There was more play time in the kiddie-pool this afternoon, he really is a little water bug and we let him stay in the water until he is thoroughly chilled and ready to go inside.

Tomorrow we will make Minestrone soup for dinner, one of A's recipes that we know we all like. But we will be including ground sausage, so it will be a one bowl dinner instead of being weighed out. There will be lots of spinach, zucchini, tomatoes and carrots so I am not worried about the veggies. And we have some red lentil noodles to use in the soup too.

Speaking of zucchini, we have our first one growing in the back yard, and two of the tomato plants are covered in dozens of cherry tomatoes. So exciting! I just need to keep watering through this little heat spell we are having. It should be back down into the 80's next week, thank heavens.




No comments: