Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2021

BLE: Changing it up just a little

After thinking about how I first lost weight using Bright Line Eating, I decided to add back in a couple of 'maintenance' meals each week as I did then. This is also after hearing from G in my master mind group how well she is feeling eating on maintenance. There is more to it than that, she also doesn't eat fat (except a few nuts each week) and replaces some protein with veggies. But back to me. I have a lot of muscle mass, I have always been 'big muscled'. Hiking up the third steepest street in LA during my school years really defined my calf muscles, and sailing during those summers defined my biceps (guns) and core. But of course there was my inherited body shape to begin with, they way I grew up just enhanced what I was born with.

I remember attempting to get in shape for the surf camp we went to back when I was 50, and they had a chiropractor come in to measure lean body mass. Mine was so much higher than the others, 125# out of my total weight, and I think that plays a contributing factor in how I lose (or don't lose) weight. Maybe I'm just too hungry and in the middle of the night a part of me jumps out to say, 'hey, feed me!'

Let me jump in here to say I have four Bright days and nights in a row now - that was not a prequel to a confession of night eating.

Anyway, back to my point. This morning I had two pieces of flourless toast instead of one - making it a maintenance meal instead of a weigh-loss meal. This is fine, as lunch and dinner will both fall into the latter category. And it acts as sort of a mental pressure valve, eating a little bit more, so that deprivation has no foothold on my emotions. I won't do this every day, but wanting breakfast to feel a little more special on Sunday mornings is the perfect time for a tiny indulgence. 

I've never been an all or nothing sort of girl. I'm a 'moderator', the one who takes an hour to slowly creep her way into the cold water instead of diving off the end of the dock. It's just the way I am, and have been my whole life. No shame in that, I am perfect just the way I am. Wow, that brought up a memory of my paternal grandmother telling me exactly that - except her version was that God created me perfect just the way I was. Turns out she was pretty smart.

Today's food:

  • b)  toast, PB, sliced banana
  • l)   chopped salad w\ garbanzo beans
  • d)  spaghetti soup, or minestrone with marinara instead of tomatoes, kidney beans
Time to put some oomph into this lazy morning and take a shower now that I am fueled up.

 

No comments: