Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2021

BLE: Back to paper

I'm waiting for my soup to heat up on the stove. I added Soyrizo to my veggie stoup and want it to actually cook into the soup so I'm not just shoving it in the microwave to re-heat as I might usually do. I've really been loving having a big bowl of veggie soup for dinners this past week; so easy and full of flavour with all of the power greens I added when making it. Plus I've been using the Chinese hot pepper oil left over from take out to add some heat and count as my fat; so delicious.

I've just packed up the Farrow I cooked earlier today, and the beans are in their natural release stage in the instant pot. They will become refried beans leer this evening, I just need to find a new audio book to listen to while I stand and stir them, waiting for the perfect consistency. Then tomorrow it will be Farro and beans w\salsa for breakfast. YUM. There is a poblano pepper, diced tomatoes, and the last third of the carton of baby power greens cooking in with the beans so they will be rich and delicious. It's a point of pride that I can make better refried beans than come from the local taquerias. Not to say that a fatty serving of those beans is not wonderful sometimes! But for the most part I prefer knowing how nutrient dense mine are, as well as creamy and spicy and wonderful.

Speaking of food (when am I not?) committing my food here just isn't working. I'm tired at night, and just want to be off the keyboard. So I will start using my paper journal to commit my food for Bright Line Eating. I'm sure I will still post food sometimes, but this will be the last daily accounting of food for a while.

Today's food:

  • b)  toast, sliced deli ham, banana, strawberries & blueberries
  • l)   leftover Chinese veggies, leftover ribs, apple
  • d)  minestrone style veggie stoup, soyrizo, red chili oil
The family has an appointment at the zoo tomorrow. I wish I had more confidence in my stamina and walking, that is someplace I would actually like to go.

Time for soup!


No comments: