Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2021

BLE: Count Down to Hawaii; week 5/14

Up half a pound in my quest to be smaller for our trip to the big island. In my defense I weighed in an hour early, before my morning constitutional. That on top of having a heavier than usual dinner consisting of a Habit cheese burger (protein style) and sweet potato fries. It was rich, delicious, and filling. And really too heavy of a meal. On top of that I am having to clear my throat this morning, phlegm a sure sign of inflammation from the cheese (and meat?).

Not an auspicious beginning to committing my food either; I finished work after 9pm last night and never gave a thought to writing down my food for today. This morning I have already been to the grocery store - where there were shoppers without masks, very unnerving - and have supplies for food prep today and tomorrow. I need to get back to the days of having meals packed and ready in the fridge, making it easy to commit food.

Today's food:

  • b)  toast, PB & flaxmeal, sliced banana, strawberries & blueberries
  • l)   leftover Chinese supplemented with cashews, apple
  • d)  minestrone style veggie stoup, leftover meatloaf, red chili oil
Leftovers are easy. Today I will be making batches of refried beans and Spanish farrow  for breakfasts. Tomorrow I will prep Chick pea salad for lunches, and more spaghetti stoup for dinners, with Soyrizo this time to keep it vegetarian.

'It's another hot one today', hitting 103 this afternoon. So I am off to drench the garden and fill up the water basins. It's fun to sit eating breakfast, and look up to see a tail peeking out while a furry friend gets a sip.

Small joys rule.

This morning I am heavier than when we started over a month ago. Go Me.

SW: 202.1
CW: 202.2


No comments: