Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2021

BLE: Soup's on

Breakfast this week will be steel cut oats cooked with a little almond extract. I have six portions weighed out with peanut butter, flaxmeal, and pumpkin pie spice and each morning I'll choose my fruit. There are bananas, frozen blueberries & peaches, canned pears, apples, and pumpkin to choose from. Or maybe I'll use part frozen blueberries and then something fresh on the side - the oranges and grapes are so good right now.

Today's Food

b)  oatmeal, PB, flaxmeal, blueberries & a small  yellow mango
l)   green salad blend w\ chick peas, pepitas, artichoke hearts & oil & rice wine vinegar
d)  zucchini, spinach, tomato, onion, carrot & hominy stoup w\ black beans, pecans

I still have a large tub of salad in the fridge for lunches, and I think I will stick with making veggies stoups for dinners, enough for two portions at a time. Tonight's batch will use up the last of the refried black beans, and in combination with the tomatoes and zucchini it will give it a minestrone feel. Oh, and I'll use fresh thyme and sage from the back yard to sauté the onions - that always makes for a great start. One more thing about the soup, I'll also be a little heavy handed using the mushroom mix (dried mushroom, sage, red pepper) another key component to getting the depth of flavour I want. 

Please notice there is no dairy listed with my meals. I'm enjoying the PB, nuts, and seeds in combination with the beans for my protein. I'll finally be pulling the lentils out of the freezer to use in some of my stoups too.

I must be getting out and about, it's too pretty a day to be inside.


No comments: