Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2021

BLE: A memory, Food, and bed

This day in 1980 I was married for the first and only time. Even though we divorced around 2000 and he passed in 2003, I think it still counts as an anniversary of a momentous event in my life. There is still some residual sadness that we didn't make it work, but I can't go down that rabbit hole, because somewhere in there is the regret that if we had, maybe Joey wouldn't have met his fate so early in life. And those thoughts just lead to crazy, so I won't go there. Suffice it to say that today was the same kind of beautiful May Spring day as my wedding was held on so many years ago, and it made me a little sad to think about it.

Today's Food

  • b)  oatmeal, flaxmeal, pecans, blueberries
  • l)   left over pork roast and veggies, avocado, apple
  • d)  chopped salad w/ chick peas, pepitas and thousand island dressing
The dishwasher is broken, and the part I ordered today won't be in until next Tuesday according to the seller on EBay. I hope it's sooner and pray it's not longer. And while it's tempting to just bring in food all week so we don't have to wash too many dishes, that's not going to happen. Wash as we go, that is the agreed upon plan.

I'm so tired. Cal is coming down off of steroids this week and has been a handful, and I think I am still recovering a little from the 2nd Covid vaccine.  I'm so thankful to have a warm, safe bed to curl up in and that I can listen to a good story as I fall asleep.

No comments: