Search This Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2021

BLE: Ready for another week

The Sunday roast is in the oven, and I have six containers of rice, beans, and salsa packed up and ready for breakfasts next week.  I'm sure around Wednesday I'll be wanting some cereal or triscuits just to have a break, but I am glad to have an easy, ready to go option. The beans this time are full of spinach, tomatoes, onion, and Mrs. Dash's Chipotle seasoning. The rice is just white, leftovers from Cal who had been loving the rice but has since  moved on to quesadillas. 

Today's Food

  • b)  wheat squares, almond milk, almonds, banana & blueberries
  • l)   Pozole from a favorite local restaurant, apple
  • d)  roast, brussels sprouts, carrots, onions, celery, potato
The leftover veg from tonight's dinner, plus what is already in the fridge, will get me through Wednesday I think. But as always we have back up in the freezer if needs be. There are refried beans left over from today's batch; last time I used them as the protein in dinner stoups and it worked out nicely.

We have a large bunch of leeks in the fridge and some fresh corn to use up. I'm thinking to make a chowder, splitting the protein with coconut milk or maybe using coconut cream for the fat. We'll see.

I'm still coughing. I used some Flonase this morning thinking it might be allergies. I know others in the area are complaining (some bitterly) about how horrible they are this year because of the wind, and maybe it has helped today? Not sure. I made some ginger water this morning and added some honey to sweeten it. I'm out of dates and cough drops and my throat was ever so grateful for the spicy, smooth, hot drink. And that did help for a while, but I really don't want another dose of honey. Maybe I'll run out and get some sugar free cough drops and some allergy meds. Once Monday hits there will be no errands with Cal in tow.

Because I am tired, but cough too much when I lie down to rest, I have found myself farming on FB - something to so while listening to my book and sitting up. It's been so many years I can barely remember what to do, but I am worried because I do find it so soothing. I really don't want to waste hours more of my life on the computer than I already do. Addict!

I hate that I feel too tired to go sit in the sun, I know it would feel good with the cool breeze, but after all the prep and cooking it just seems overwhelming to navigate my way into the back yard. Pitiful. But this reminds me of the biggest why of staying Bright. Less pain, followed closely by more energy, better mobility, and oh yea, cuter clothes.  I'm pretty sure by now that to lose my pound this week I need at least four Bright days and nights, and I'm confident this will be one of them.

No comments: