Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2021

BLE: Commitment

As with many other times I have attempted to go Dairy free, it didn't last long. Can you say ADDICT?  It really is a way to release pressure, the indulging in a legal drug so to say. Like sugar to an Alcoholic. But I looked at the bigger picture (Hawaii) and decided it was more important to stay Bright than to be dairy free at this particular moment in my life. I will say that I am not intending to go back to cheese and crackers for breakfast, and I am not intending to have cheese everyday. But I am also not putting that barrier up to rebel against, and letting myself choose cheese sometimes is not the worst thing I can do right now. I pray I do not have to eat those words at some later point.

This is what happened.

I decided I needed an incentive to be accountable. SPT cites how important it is to have something in place that makes you stop and think before that first bite off plan gets into your mouth. My daughter is just about the most important thing in  my life, so I asked her if we could be accountable to each other leading up to our Hawaii trip, and she agreed. So yesterday morning she helped me add the App to my phone that synchs with her scale, and we both weighed in. And we'll continue to do this each Friday morning through July. The goal is to encourage each other, be accountable to someone who matters, and just follow the fucking plan. No if, ands, or buts. Just the knowledge that come next Friday, I will not be embarrassed by whatever the number is that pops up. That would be unendurable. So I will stay Bright today, tonight, and all week. 

I can do this. I was worried last night about rebelling, but my parts were pretty quiet. Due in part (ha ha) to feeling a little crummy after my second Covid vaccine shot, but mostly enjoying the calm of having a definite path forward. There is no chatter about how strict I will be, or what I will need to give up. No tampering with the tried and true, no declarations of how I will manage my food or what the next best trick will be. I know if I just follow the plan I will lose weight. No Flour, No Sugar, No Snacks, Bind quantities. And let me remind myself here and now, those quantities are generous, satisfying, and result in some beautiful (or ugly) delicious meals.

Speaking of food, let me circle back around to cheese. I made spaghetti soup and meatballs for the family for dinner last night, and I needed to add a fat to the meal. Parmesan cheese was the obvious choice, and with my new commitment firmly in place I decided my energy was better spent there than on giving up cheese. That can come later. Dinner was wonderful.

Today's Food

  • b)  scrambled eggs on toast w/ mustard, orange
  • l)   spaghetti soup w/ parmesan, apple
  • d)  chopped salad w/ cauliflower, pepitas, chick peas

No comments: