Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2021

Count Down to Hawaii: week 2/14

Down .2 this morning. After the week I had, I'll take it! Of course my brain spent a moment in wonder, and calculating how much I might have lost if I hadn't broken any lines during the week.  But I know now that it's best to forgive and forget and move forward.

  • b)  rice, salsa, refried beans, red grapes and kiwi
  • l)   romaine , mixed veg, roasted pecans, bleu cheese dressing, half a huge apple
  • d)  Take out: ribs, coleslaw, french fries
Definitely not the healthiest dinner, but Bright. I weighed the rib meat then eyed the slaw and fries to make a 'one plate meal', It wasn't delicious, but it was good and there are no dishes!

I made a batch of stoup this afternoon, using up corn on the cob, leeks, cauliflower, a poblano pepper and a bag of spinach. Adding it all to the instant pot with some veggie broth, it came out smelling corny and good. But I didn't taste it, just weighed out five containers, adding 6oz of beans and 4oz of broth to each serving. I'll find out tomorrow at lunch how it turned out. Hopefully a little spicy from the pepper, a little sweet from the corn, and hearty from the rest. I added cannellini beans to three and refried black beans to the last two for a little variety. Plus there is a container of stoup left over to use as I may. For one meal I envision blending up a portion with left over pot roast potatoes that are hanging out in the fridge; that will be a yummy lunch one day for sure, a version of 'dirty mashed potatoes' if you will.

I'm looking forward to seeing my mastermind group in the morning. I missed it last week, feeling crummy and going to bed instead. That was the day the kids were at the lake and I slummed on the couch most of the day. What with all the coughing all week, I am even more tired than usual, but each day gets a little better as my immune system recovers. I figure I can always just mute myself and listen in.

Speaking of listening, I played a coaching call from my Bright Line Eating bootcamp,  and was reminded that in a mastermind group we can, "just be there as a witness to their journey". And there was reference to this vlog, which I will listen to this evening as a reminder of what support looks like in BLE.

I spent a few minutes this morning looking at the phone app that links to the scale, and in a moment of positivity, selected a goal. I chose a short term goal of 190#s. That is what I would like to weigh heading to Hawaii. And I would like to weigh even less upon arriving home after our trip. Memories of my first and only trip there are filled with warm water, fresh fruit, lots of walking, and resting in the sand while it rained. It was such a pivotal point in my life. I am not sure I would have had the chutzpah to head North at the age of 19, with vague plans of applying to school, and a small bank account to tide me over while I figured things out.  Hawaii gave me the experience of living away from my family, and helped form the spine it would take for me to weather the next few years as I found my way. Maybe revisiting paradise will help me find that girl who was so brave and adventurous. 

But my only real expectations for the trip are being more active, having fun in the ocean, playing with the family, and getting some rest. 

I can't remember the last vacation my brain had, and I've never been completely away from work for ten days before. I am worried that if I did that, I wouldn't be able to come back to a daily grind. So maybe I will take the laptop. Maybe.

And now I am blathering away, my brain going off in a million directions, and I need to exit.


No comments: