Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2021

BLE: Tank tops, a great motivator

Yesterday was almost Bright, with just a little blurring of a line. I hadn't had a fat with dinner, and it had been a lean bean stoup, and I was 'wanting something'. I ended up with a spoonful of peanut butter. So basically I broke the snacking line by not having my fat with dinner. No biggie in the greater scheme of things. And it was another Dairy Free day, as is today. Go me.

Today's Food

b)  chia pudding w/banana &  blueberries
l)   potatoes & corn w\gravy, pepitas and an apple
d)  green salad blend w\ pinto beans, pepitas, artichoke hearts & oil & rice wine vinegar

For lunch today I stopped at Sprouts on the way to the office and picked up mashed potatoes w\gravy, roasted corn w\ jalapeno, a bag of salted, roasted pepitas, and a SugarBee apple. I made my lunch at work, nothing was weighed, but it looked right and I am counting it as a one-plate Bright meal. Yes, I know there was probably a little flour in the gravy, but there wasn't much and for sure not in the top three ingredients of the meal I put together. 

I have found my motivation to stay Bright in the tank tops I have been wearing. Seeing my less than stellar arms makes it easier to say no to NMF knowing I will want to wear a bathing suit at some point this Summer, at least in Hawaii if not before to get a base going; my current farmer's tan will need to be remedied at some point.

Group was good this morning; hearing positive reporting from everyone and knowing we are all working towards the same goal is a great source of determination. My big note of the day says, "manage your buttons so no one else can push them."  We also chatted about stories, and how they engender suffering while what actually happened didn't really mean so much as all of the shade thrown about in the telling later. 

Time to rest after a busy day. Dinner is made and waiting for me in the fridge so I just need to kill a half an hour. Sounds like my turn on the Switch.

No comments: