Search This Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2021

BLE: Sometimes a single Bright Line is sufficient unto the day

A single Bright Line will have to suffice for the day. I woke not feeling well, my sore throat worse, and I rested most of the day. I did get the oven mostly clean, and did the dinner dishes for the family. I hope tomorrow is better. 

Today's Food

  • b)  toast w/ PB and banana
  • l)   last of the potato stoup w/ cream cheese, oranges
  • s)  grilled cheese sandwich
  • d)  1 cob of corn, eggs over easy on hominy
I had no flour today, and that's about all I can brag about. Well, maybe one other thing. I got dressed to go out, but knowing I had food on the brain changed back into lounging clothes and made myself a grilled cheese using flourless bread. So it was a maintenance day, adding the grain for my sandwich. Lunch was early, before 10:30, and the snack was at two; my bad because I forgot my protein at lunch.  

Given how I was feeling, and that I had been left alone to my own devices, I'm relieved to have made it through the day as well as I did.  And the honey I added to my tea this  morning didn't trigger a sweet tooth, so that was a relief, both figuratively and literally.

I have taken feeling well for granted for over a year, and today I missed not feeling up to going outside, missed watering the garden, missed puttering about getting chores done. I wonder when and where I picked up this little annoying bug, and just want my throat to stop hurting. It makes me realize how often it is depression that keeps me in, and I need to fight harder to overcome that particular nuisance. 

I will now replace whining with tea and bed.

 

No comments: