Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2021

BLE: Still Hopeful

It was a beautiful day and it felt good to be in the back yard watering and pruning without being rushed or watching Cal to make sure he wasn't getting into trouble. I think we will make a trip to the nursery this week during the day when it's not so crowded and pick up a couple of colours for the two empty pots on the patio.

Today's Food

  • b)  wheat squares, almond milk, almonds, blueberries & banana
  • l)   ugly delicious potato soup, refried beans, parmesan, avocado, apple
  • d)  roast pork, cabbage, carrots, onions, brussels sprouts & fingerling potatoes

We made a Sunday roast for dinner. I feel bad that a pig was sacrificed to get the scrumptious vegetables, but that's the way it goes. But pig aside, it's really the onions that make the dish.  We start with a deep dish roasting pan. Maybe 13 x 16, 6 qts? The roast is slathered with a mixture of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic & onion powders that has been hydrated with avocado oil to make a paste. 

  • 450 for the first half hour, uncovered and surrounded by loads of sliced onions
  • 350 for the next hour, covered after adding a cup of broth
  • 350 for the next hour, covered after adding veggies to the top of the pan
The caramelized onions are so sweet and delicious they make every bite better.

Bright Line Eating is plant strong, and my potion of pig was only 4oz.  Imagine if everyone ate this way and the impact it would have on factory farming and climate change. Not to mention waist lines! Speaking of which I need to measure mine, I keep forgetting. UGH, 37". Maybe I shouldn't have measured just after dinner. Oh well, it's just a marker.

Anyway, it's been a nice couple of days. I anticipated doing a little office work but spent most of my time resting. I am blaming it on the Covid vaccine and recuperating from my second shot. In truth, that is probably why I was a little tired, and a little headachy on and off. But I did want to Spring clean my bedroom and that didn't happen, so I am hoping for more mild weather next weekend. Sparky's nose was covered with cobwebs after a sojourn under my bed this past week and it feels a little creepy.

It was a Bright weekend, my resolve is still in place, and I am looking forward to seeing progress on Friday. But I know how quickly this can change. Not that I am dreading the loss of this newfound determination. No. Instead I am just enjoying this moment for what it is; hopeful. Very hopeful.

No comments: