Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

BLE: Hoping to finish the week strong

The congestion and coughing was slightly better this morning after two nights of taking Zyrtec. I have upped my Alfalfa tablets and Immune too. I think a combination of the hit to my immune system by the Covid vaccine in conjunction with allergy season put me in a susceptible position. Hopefully a couple of days of plant strong eating, with the increased immune support, will bring me back to what passes as normal by the weekend. I hope. Because I had forgotten how stressful and annoying it is to cough all the time. To think I once did this twice a  year, six to eight weeks at a time, makes me wonder how I remained sane. Oh yea. I didn't.

Today's Food:

  • b)  rice, salsa, refried beans, oranges
  • l)   romaine  chick peas, mixed veg salad, half a huge apple
  • d)  roasted veggies, refried beans, nutritional yeast, avocado
The internet was down for a while, and Cal is lying down watching UP on a DVD to settle down for his nap. And he's actually paying attention for a change so the house is quiet for a minute. We had a bit of a rough morning, him wanting to get into everything he shouldn't and mad at me about it. But still, there is no place I would rather be. Unless it's the beach with a good book, warm sun, and gentle breeze. But that will be August, I hope.

I struggled with my food yesterday, blurring a couple of lines, and this morning paid for it with stiff joints and swollen hands. I think it all started with the Sunday pork roast last week, and letting meat and cheese back into my diet, bookending with a chuck pot roast this Sunday past.  Meat and cheese are both seductive,  and highly addictive, they are so dense in calories and fat. But limping to the bathroom this morning I realized that I haven't been. Limping that is, so there was some additional determination to have a couple of plant based days. The universe is just screaming at me to "pay attention already!"

Plants heal. Taste buds are replaced every two weeks or so. I can do this. Again. As many times as it takes. I will not leave until the miracle occurs, as the saying goes.  One day at a time, one meal at a time, I will finish the week plant strong and Bright.

No comments: