Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

St Paddy's Day Dinner

YUM!! All that is crazy in the world today and my take away is that dinner was wonderful. Food Addict.  R had picked up a corned beef from Trader Joe's and found a recipe online to use the Instant Pot to cook it. Our first, but definitely not our last. It was perfect. Tender meat, creamy potatoes, flavour infused into every carrot, onion & potatoe. I had 14oz of cooked veggies instead of a salad and I am full and happy.

I had prepped more veggies than would fit in the pot, so after we pulled everything out we used the liquid to cook the remaining veg. which means left overs! Hopefully our imperfect produce order will arrive with the pork chops she ordered so there is a protein to go with them later this week.

Working from home today was challenging as expected. I need to set up my 'workstation' better so that I am not straining my back. The being home wasn't too bad, C spent some time with me watching Paw Patrol and leaning up against me while I worked. He is still tired from his Monday procedure and emotional from being on steroids this week we we are all a little more patient and accommodating.

I can't help but wonder what the coming week will bring with such an increased load on the internet; it will be a test of the providers that is certain. And IT departments everywhere are working overtime to get all their client's employees set up to work remotely.

Sheltering at home isn't bad if you have resources; I pray everyone has the food and medicine they need, that as many as possible stay safe.

Time for a game.




No comments: