Search This Blog

Monday, March 23, 2020

Cheeseburger Salad

I know I have said this before, and probably will again, but throwing a cheeseburger into a salad instead of a bun is wonderful. The flavours pop instead of melding into the bread, and you don't feel stuffed afterwards. Or at least I don't. I had a mix of veggies ready to go for salads this week, and I prepped my dinner salad as usual. But then I chopped up a juicy cheeseburger fresh off the grill and tossed it on top with chopped tomatoe and pickle. My dressing was mustard & mayo which I tossed in well and then drizzled a little No Sugar Added Catsup over the top.

Delicious. I reheated some peas leftover from dinner last night and my Bright Line meal was done.

Working from home went well today, but this afternoon there were fresh baked cookies in the house, and I had one with a cuppa tea for my afternoon break. Just one, but I know I will pay for it with cravings later tonight when the house is quiet and I know there are more waiting in a baggie on the kitchen sink. It seems silly at my age to ask them to hide the cookies, and that has my ire up, but it is what it is. Or rather, I am what I am. There may come a day when I am the only one bringing food into the house and can control what's available to eat, but I can feel my future self wishing for these days when I was surrounded by family and cookies.

C is next to me on the bed watching Bubble Guppies, and I wouldn't trade this for the cleanest kitchen in the world. And by clean I mean empty of flour and sugar. But speaking of clean kitchens, I guess everyone is adapting to having family home. And cooking more, and eating in. So more dishes that have to be done and more picking up after ourselves etc etc. I wonder how this will change us.

Yesterday the kids took a walk and came home excited about drawing chalk messages and pictures on the driveway by the sidewalk; A and R colored in the sun from Tangled, a peace sign and some positive messages. Anyone walking by was in for a treat today, and I hope the idea continues to spread. I should have taken a picture! Maybe it will still be there tomorrow; it's been windy but hasn't rained again yet.

I'm not looking forward to actually getting up and going to the office tomorrow, but it's my turn and we need to do it.

Time to go edit the Imperfect Produce order for Thursday.

No comments: