Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Birthday Cake

Yesterday was my Birthday, and I am officially part of the Medicare crowd. I can hardly wait for my first paycheque to admire the difference. It won't be much, but it will be enough to make a difference in our day to day lives.

A made a beautiful pineapple upside down cake and we all decided it was delicious. I had come home early from work, what I think of as my sciatica pain having driven me out of my office chair for the day, and she was baking when I arrived home. The rest of the day was Bright Line meals as usual, and it was a lovely ordinary day in all other aspects as well.

I listened to Susan's latest blogs yesterday, one of them an interview with a young man who is doing well on BLE. His story is scary, and I thank the heavens that as big as I had become, for me BLE wasn't a do or die solution as it is for him. And while I admire his dedication to strictly following the plan, I am still not motivated to do likewise. i.e., I didn't measure the salad dressing I made this evening. It just isn't going to happen. Not yet anyway. Maybe never. But it is definitely something I can pay attention to when and if my weight loss stalls.

In the meantime my sometimes maintenance, sometimes weight loss approach is working well enough. I'm more interested in a calm steady loss than riding the ups and downs of trying too hard and giving up. I guess it's good to know myself?

(b)  breakfast sausage, triscuits, banana
(l)  roasted onions, green beans & bacon with smoked gouda chicken sausage
(d) bean soup, cabbage salad

I'm hoping for something good to watch on tv tonght, but I have a feeling I will be disappointed. I'm just not finding much interesting lately, and I don't know if it's my demographic or experience that is causing the disconnect. No new stories and all that.

Time for tea and to rest my back.

No comments: